Family Promise of Essex County (FPE) is dedicated to helping families overcome or avoid the crisis of homelessness. FPE is an affiliate of Family Promise, which currently has over 200 affiliates nationwide. FPE recognizes that family homelessness and poverty are complex issues that require comprehensive, innovative solutions. Our holistic approach includes prevention assistance for families on the brink of homelessness, emergency shelter for families who do slip into homelessness and housing and stabilization services to help families exit homelessness and sustain a home.
FPE seeks an organized, detailed, compassionate and highly motivated person for the position of Development Manager. The Development Manager is responsible for all aspects of fundraising to support the mission of FPE. The successful candidate will report to and work collaboratively with the FPE Executive Director and Board of Trustees. The Manager’s responsibilities include the direct supervision and responsibility for annual campaigns, corporate sponsorship programs, foundation and grant writing, donor solicitation and cultivation and event planning.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of Fund Development including fundraising, in-kind donations, community outreach, and internal/external communications and branding.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining strong relationships with existing and prospective donors while understanding the giving continuum for Family Promise. Send timely gift acknowledgement and other donor letters.
- Serves as a member of the Management Team and supports the Executive Director and Board of Directors in their duties of establishing annual fundraising goals, the fundraising calendar, new initiatives to engage community leadership and donors, and necessary plans to meet those goals.
- Responsible for operation of the donor database including data collection, records management, necessary reporting, integration initiatives to support social media, donation, and tracking applications.
- Encourages and supports donors to move toward engaging with the organization and finding appropriate gift levels that support donor interests. Monitors, tracks, and provides reporting on all prospective donors/contacts to ensure positive and purposeful relationships are
created and maintained. Responsible for conducting research and providing information on prospects and donors.
- Responsible for establishing and documenting general and specific monthly and annual solicitation strategies
- Identify new opportunities and support ongoing efforts to obtain grants from government and foundation sources. Write and submit grant applications, proposals, sponsorship packages, etc., on behalf of FPE.
- Plan, execute and report on fundraising events, approximately two events per year.
- Responsible for developing valuable community partnerships, including support to expand partnerships to support operations, expand fund development opportunities, and expansion of Family Promise awareness.
- Responsible for establishing a communications plan that includes a strategy that shares Family Promise information, engages the community, keeps donors engaged and informed, and continues to grow the reputation of Family Promise. Communications strategy will include social media, digital (email, electronic promotions, e-newsletters, annual report, etc.) and traditional, media, public relations planning, and over-arching communications within the organization and externally to the Essex County community.
- Responsible for recruiting and managing Development Interns and assists them in reaching their goals and objectives which support the overall goals of Family Promise.
Education and Experience
- BA / BS degree is required.
- Four years of fund development experience in the nonprofit sector. Understanding of fundraising concepts and demonstrated success in annual campaigns, major gifts, direct mail, and special events is required.
- Ability to organize and implement strategic plans (financial, business development, marketing, branding, etc.).
- Communications experience with branding, design of digital and traditional materials, newsletters, annual reports, website design and development media and public relations.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and to perform and prioritize competing tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Understanding of government and private foundation cycles and priorities.
- Superior organization, communication, interpersonal and writing skills along with a talent for creating communal collaborations and partnerships.
- A deep commitment to the FPE’s mission and vision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Proficiency using Raiser’s Edge is strongly desired or a demonstrated ability to learn new software programs in support of one’s work.
- High degree of discretion and ability to maintain strict confidentiality and data security.
- This position will allow for a flexible schedule, flexible work locations and collaborative leadership to meet the interests of the Development Manager and Family Promise.
- Infrequent lifting of materials of up to 20 pounds may be necessary.
- Availability to work outside of traditional business hours.
- Must be able to travel to meetings and events.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
- Health Insurance
- Paid time off
- 401K plan
Salary commensurate with experience
Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does your family need assistance?
- Does your family need shelter?
- Are you looking for prevention or stabilization services?
- Do your children need an after school program?